Three natural strategies to suppress appetite

1. Slow Down: more and more research shows that eating slowly helps to control calorie intake. There are several factors involved here. For starters, research has shown that people who eat slower naturally ate less, but felt as satisfied as if they had eaten more food but ate more quickly.

Other studies have shown that satiety than 60 minutes after a meal has been slower than in the diet group versus the group of fast food. Some studies have looked deeper and found that satiety hormones, which keep us fully, are higher and appetite stimulating hormones are lower after meals when individuals ate slower.

 
No matter what happens physiologically and has been replicated in a study that I have experienced first hand, and so have many of my clients, the difference in what we eat, when to take time to relax and enjoy our food .

Slow down while eating also promotes better digestion. Eating slowly is probably the most important behavioral changes you can make to permanent weight control.

2. Stay hydrated: Our brain interprets often poorly thirst and hunger. I do not know about you but when I'm hungry, I eat. Do not be obvious here, but Mrs. eating when your body does not need, can lead to weight gain. So do yourself a favor and fill the bottle with water. Even mild dehydration can lead to fatigue and / or headaches, two other things that make people, including myself, want to eat.

Water also helps us feel full. Besides adequate intake of water / fluid is also a good idea to eat a diet containing water-rich foods such as fresh fruits / frozen vegetables, low-sodium soups, beans, etc. . Dryer foods such as crackers, nuts and dried meat tend to be less filling due to lack of water.

3. Stop diet: True, diets do not lead to permanent weight control. Often restrict calories schemes leads to excellent initial results. However, within our body registers that there is a shortage of food, you do not realize that we are doing this on purpose.

When we fall off the diet, our body increases our hormones and our hunger satiety hormones that allows us to gain weight easily so you can prepare for the next famine refuses. Our bodies are still very primitive and recognize that if we do not eat cease to exist. If you want to lose weight long you have to read the tortoise and the hair. Slow and steady wins the race.

I have also experienced this firsthand. I struggled to keep my low weight for a number of years. I just pre-diabetes that I realized that I had to make a real change. I lost 20 pounds and kept if off for years. I did it without dieting and deprivation.

I enjoyed my vacation and holidays without gaining weight, reduce my stress eating and lost weight during the few moments when I felt like things were routine and balanced. It took me several years to get the weight, but the process was easy and the weight stays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment